So how do we prevent your furniture from getting nicked and scratched when moving? We at Family Movers always use quilted covers and quilted padding for every single item of your furniture. These thick moving blankets cover and protect furniture when moving. In addition to preventing damage to various items, furniture padding prevents items from getting dirty while in transit. They are, without a doubt, a mover’s best friend.
Furniture padding, also known as moving blankets, are thick coverings used to protect large items when moving. We as professional movers wrap and coverall of your pieces of furniture with furniture padding in order to prevent damage to the item while it’s being moved in and out of a house. Moving pads are also used to protect items and prevent them from shifting while they are in transit. Furniture padding typically comes in the shape of a blanket and looks similar to a thick, padded quilt. Movers use straps or tape to hold the furniture pads in place when moving. Our quilted covers are designed to fit certain pieces of furniture like chairs and we have quilted covers to protect your doors too.
If you plan move with us, you won’t have to worry about purchasing or renting furniture padding. We ues these types of moving essentials as well as additional moving equipment (think: dolly and moving straps) as standard practice.
Here are some reasons why padding is essential
- Quilted furniture padding provides automatic protection for your floors. From heavy dressers and consoles to dining tables and chairs.
- When moving to a new home, your belongings are bound to accumulate dirt, dust and other grime from the moving truck and the outdoors. If it’s raining or snowing, your items could also end up wet without covers. Wrapping furniture prevents this.
- In addition to protecting the floors, covering furniture items in quilted moving blankets and pads protects your walls. Moving pads are soft and padded, even if there is a tight squeeze down the stairs the walls and your items are protected at all times.
- Using furniture pads prevents your items from shifting while in transit. When furniture is loaded onto the moving truck, items are prone to shift and get bumped around when the truck is in motion. Fortunately, Quilted moving pads prevent this from happening. They act as a buffer between various items and boxes, preventing unnecessary damage to your furniture.
- Furniture legs are notoriously fragile. If they are wrapped, it’s less likely that the legs will break off. Furniture pads provide extra cushioning that not only protect the body of the furniture but the legs as well.
Sometimes it’s best to leave the heavy lifting to us professionals. Not only are we well-trained in the art of loading and unloading a moving truck, but we are also able to provide valuable moving equipment such as furniture padding.