The city of Norwich
Here are some reasons why Norwich is a great place to move to
- Norwich was the first city in England to be awarded the UNESCO City of Literature status. It is one of 11 cities around the world to hold the title for its literary heritage.
- Norwich’s National Park is a unique Horsey Wind Pump on the Norfolk broads. The Norfolk Broads is the only National Park in the country to contain a city. You can enjoy Norwich and then jump in a boat and sail into the countryside.
- The University of East Anglia in Norwich is ranked in the top one per cent of HE institutions in the world and is one of the best universities in the UK for student satisfaction according to the 2015 Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey.
- Norwich people love the cafe culture Cup of coffee cappuccino with creamy foam and topping Take a sip (Picture: Getty) Coffee in all its wonderful forms is free flowing in the Fine City. For a drink with a view, head up to Café Britannia at Norwich Prison where you can be served by inmates while looking down over the city with a spectacular view. It’s a unique treat.
- Norwich is high on heritage and culture Norwich is the most complete medieval city in the UK. It’s also home to a 900-year-old Norman castle and two cathedrals. The annual Norwich and Norfolk Festival is one of the oldest surviving arts festivals in the UK.
- Norwich is not far from any of the Norfolk the beaches. Travel east for 30 minutes and you reach the dazzling lights of Great Yarmouth with donkeys, candy floss and arcades, or, head north for a series of beautifully unspoilt and never too busy beaches like Wells, Brancaster and Holkham. If you like a walk with your beach visit, try Burnham Overy Staithe.
- We’re always in fashion, Norwich is hot on the heels of London with the annual Norwich Fashion Week, packed with runway shows, local designer showcases, style surgeries and vintage fairs.
- Norwich is a very pretty city narrow cobbled street, The Cathedral Quarter and historic cobbles of Elm Hill belong on a picture postcard.. The winding streets, crooked timber-beamed houses, shops, cosy cafés and galleries draw tourists from all over the world.
- Go, canaries! Delia Smith and our shared passion for our Premier League team, Norwich City Football Club.
- Norwich residents never go thirsty Norwich used to have a pub for every day of the year. And many city pubs have grisly tales to tell, including the aptly named Murderers on Timberhill, which dates back to 1530. There’s also an annual cocktail week and numerous beer festivals.
- If you want a bite to eat with that drink… Food is always high on the agenda Grosvenor Fish Bar is the city’s number one place to eat on TripAdvisor. There’s Bass With Sass, 5 Quid Squid and Shark Bites on the menu – best of all you can eat in the atmospheric undercroft and feel like you’ve ducked into a city cave.
Norwich, The Place to Live
If you are thinking of moving to Norwich Family Movers can help you with Norwich removals every step from a moving house checklist when you are thinking of moving, to the moving day. Our customers are the most important thing to us and we know that moving can be stressfull, but we do all we can to make the transition as seamless as possible. Just see our testimonials. Our feedback speaks for itself.